5 Colorado Springs undercover youngster prostitution investigation – CBS Denver arrested
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (CBS4) – Five men were arrested in February in an undercover investigation into child prostitution in Colorado Springs. Police say one of the suspects also conspired to rob the underage sex worker. A sixth man, who was also charged with conspiring to rob an underage sex worker, was also arrested in the case.
The suspects have been identified as:
CONTINUE READING: Oh baby The Roxborough family visits West Metro firefighters after an unusual birth
- Patrick Martin, 32, child prostitution recruiting (third grade crime)
- Joseph Dimes, 31, encouraging child prostitution (third grade crime)
- Nicholas Fernandez, 42, promoting child prostitution (third grade crimes)
- Nathanael Martens, 27, encouraging child prostitution (third grade crimes), attempting to influence an officer (fourth grade crimes), and conspiracy – to commit robbery (sixth grade crimes)
- James Harry, 31, promoting child prostitution (grade three crimes)
Johnathan Guenther, 67, charged with conspiracy – to commit robbery (Grade Six crimes).
CONTINUE READING: COVID In Denver: School District and Denver Health Host First of Several Mass Vaccination Events for Students
All six suspects were sent to El Paso County Jail.
The release of these arrests has been delayed due to the ongoing investigation, officials said.
MORE NEWS: What Should You Do If Your Car Is Hit By A Tree? City of Denver offers tips
“Protecting children is one of our top priorities. These arrests send a message to those who want to hunt down children, find them and bring them to justice,” said Steven Cagen, special agent in charge at HSI Denver.