(CBS4) Police in at least one Denver subway area are urging residents not to call 911 to report illegal fireworks – and say doing so could delay response time to life-threatening emergencies.
“If you see fireworks being used, DO NOT call 911,” the Wheat Ridge Police Department wrote on Facebook.
CONTINUE READING: Juniteenth 2021: Thousands celebrate the latest federal holiday with events in Denver’s Five Point Neighborhood
“The number of fireworks calls to emergency services can mean a significant delay in responding to serious crimes or to those experiencing a life-threatening emergency,” police tweeted. “Please DO NOT call 911 to report fireworks.”
Wheat Ridge police said that “special calls are on duty from 7:30 pm to 12:30 pm, now through July 4th, to 303-980-7340 to receive fireworks calls.”
CONTINUE READING: Parade, Concerts & More: Denver June 15th Celebrations
Other cities, towns, and counties have listed separate numbers:
- Adams Ward: 303-288-1535
- Boulder County: 303-441-4444
- Besenfeld: 303-438-6400
- Denver: 720-913-2059 or denvergov.org
- Fort Collins: All fireworks, including sparklers and snakes, are illegal to sell, possess, or use in the city of Fort Collins – click here to report.
- Lakewood: All fireworks are prohibited, including items such as sparklers, Roman candles, and smoke bombs – call 303-980-7300. at
- Nordglenn: 303-288-1535
- Jefferson County: 303-271-8200
- Welding District: 970-350-9600
MORE NEWS: When shooting outside the Aurora apartment, the mother and child in the unit are injured